Monday, July 2, 2012

Chhhhhaaaa---chhhaaa---Changes

I have not even went back to see what I posted last on the blog as its been so long.  Regardless, I had went back to work for the past year.  Although I love my job and helping people, I have found that being around people tends to cause my auto immune disorder to flare up.  I have spent the past 3 months sick and/or fighting off some bacteria or virus.  So I spoke with my doctor who thought it would be in my best interest to step back from massage and regain control of the illness.  I do miss working daily but I have found things that I can do at home to keep me busy and possibly make some money.  With it being summer time the kids are home and not bringing home any extra germs, but I am still needing naps some days or at least rest.  The heat takes a toll on me too.  I have started two daily meds as well as eating cleaner and healthier.  All in all I seem to be regaining some control over it. 

Other happenings on the farm, we currently have ALOT of chickens all laying hens and 3 roosters.  Some chicks are in the brooder growing into some nice chickens.  Plus we have added ducks, 3 hens and 2 drakes.  A donkey and 7 goats (4 does and 3 bucks).  One of the bucks will be going to a new farm soon.  Another to the sale in the fall, if he makes it.  He is very young and the heat is getting to him.  Then we have Ginormous our Herd Sire, who is a beautiful Nubian.  I really lucked out on him and am very impressed with his personality.  He fit right in with our herd.  I do run our bucks with our does year round, although some people do not think that is a good idea, we are with our goats daily multiple times a day and it just doesnt make sense to seperate them.

I also put in a HUGE garden this year and have been reaping the benefits of it. 

We also have Talapia Blue fingerlings growing in  the "pond".  We will be offering fresh talapia to local restaraunts starting next spring.  I truelly can not wait.

No comments: