Sunday, August 15, 2010

Progress

Okay, so I hadn't posted since the first. We had to wait for the current "tenant" to move out of dads house. They finally left on the 7th. We went to check the house out on the 8th. It was in sorry condition, trash left, nothing cleaned, holes in doors, urine smell in carpets, it was just plain gross.
So on the 9th we dug our heals in and began demo. First thing we did was pull all the carpets out. This would have been fine but there was also a heat wave going on and the ac in the house is broken. So we were at the house by 0530 working til we could no longer take the heat. Then I would come home shower and nap, then head to work til 1900. It has been a rough week or so, but we have accomplished so much. All the trash is out of the house, the kitchen has been bleached and scrubbed. All the carpets are removed, floors swept and then vacummed. We also had to bug bomb the house 3 times cause of bug infestation. The best part of the whole week was laying the laminate wood flooring in the living room, that is what gives us hope and lets us know the potential of the house. I lived there before, so I know how it can look and did look. I am just saddened that someone would leave it such a mess. The other thing that scares me is that there was lots of dirt and cobwebs...don't people clean. Yuck. We also sealed all the subfloors so the pet odors do not come out once we put the flooring in.

I will post some pictures in my next update.

No comments: