Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The bunnies hopped into town


So last night we went and picked up two adorable bunnies that needed a home.  These wonderful cuddle bugs were just what the boys had been looking for.  When we moved into the "new" house, my oldest son Casey asked if he could have a bunny.  I thought to myself, oh another pet that I will have to take care.  So for the past three months I had been monitoring Caseys duties of taking care of our dog Nemo.  Casey gets up every morning 15 minutes before the other kids and takes Nemo out either for his walk or puts him on his 100ft run line...depending on the weather.  If its raining, snowing or any other yucky stuff Casey walks him.  He then feeds and waters him.  Then does the same thing when he gets home at 4pm.  So needless to say he has been taking good care of the dog, so he got a bunny.  But that bunny had a friend so his little brother got one too.
My dear husband built the bunny condo last night cause the enclosure we had originally would be fine for one bunny but not two.  When my younger son gets older and more reliable we will build him one too.  But these two are bonded bunnies and we really can't split them up.  Good thing the boys play together all they time anyway.  Also there is a big enough age gap between the boys that I will not be left "holding the bunnies" when they graduate high school.

No comments: