Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Heatwave"

I was able to get out at 7am this morning to start chores, after a hot breakfast. :D After feeding everyone, I then moved Cheyanne our Mare out to the corrall.  Then I let our buckling out to run with the girls.  Finally set up the solar panel for the electric fence, hopefully that helps.  I really think we are going to need to reset the grounding rod, it might be in the ground too far.  I also think the water bucket for the girls has a crack somewhere, cause it seems to loose water.  I will be going back out in a bit with a new water bucket for them.  We use 30 gal rubber maid containers for water troughs, tires with bottoms attached for feed and then I have a hay manger made for the goats. 
After all that I went and cleanned out the stalls for our Mare and our buckling.  He stays in there most of the time because I am not sure he is ready for the winter because he was born in October.  He is very well behave and trained not to get out of the fence due to the electric fence.  
So all the stalls are ready and all the animals are quite happy today. 

No comments: