Saturday, March 5, 2011

Seedlings

I have a brown thumb, I admit it.  Yet I still want to have veggies. I recieved my first seed cataloge and that tended to start the whole ball rolling.  I picked a bunch of veggies with Ryan.  The only thing he didn't like was beets. I plan on pickling some of the beets and feeding some to the Goats.  I am growing some of the stuff just for the animals. 

Anyway, I got 360 spaces to start seeds.  I am also going to use some old canning jars in the garden over the seedlings to keep them safe from deer and rabbit til they are well rooted.  I have some two liter bottles also I can uses if I don't recycle them for chicken waters.  I haven't decided on that.  Hopefully I will start seeing seedlings in about 10 days.  

I plan on taking a picture every three days.  Right now its just dirt. So nothing interesting to report or show on them just yet.

No comments: