Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Disliking snow again...

View from my front door at the begining of a blizzard

So we left Kansas in 2008.  There were many reasons why we left.  The biggest was forclosure on our home, we could have struggled again to pull it out, as we had done 12 months before.  Yes, we had already spent $20,000 the year before and pulled it out.  The second reason we left was due to 14 days without power due to an ice storm.  Finally I have a disorder that causes me to ache and just over all feel like crap in the cold.  Regardless my mom had a vacant home that she was willing to let us move in to.  So we packed up and moved.
Now this past July we moved back home to Kansas.  July was a good time to move.  It let me get settled in before the cold reminded me why I hate snow and such.  Yes snow is pretty but the cold drives me batty.  I don't want to be complaining.  We have a wonderful home and great farm animals.  I truelly enjoy all of it now and seriously would not trade it for anything now.  Even complaining after sitting home all last week because of snow drifts and snow days.  The kids went to back to school for two days and another snow day today.  
I am thankful for my dad coming over to clear of the driveway for us.  We are being smart and parking the car at the edge of the drive so that we can pull out. 

I just pray that we survive the snowfall.
This is my chicken yard...they can't make it out of the coop

No comments: