Thursday, February 17, 2011

Windows open

This morning during chore time, I was in a short sleeved shirt.  Ahhh, is all I can say.  It feels like Spring out there.  I hope that the weather continues to stay nice.  I am tired of running the heater and feeling all cooped up. 

During chores our horse, Cheyanne was a bit spunky.  I know she knows it is nice out, but her paddock is still a muddy mess due to the snow run off.  Hopefully it will dry out today. Although we are looking at getting some wet weather on Sunday and Monday.  I would let her in the paddock but she rolls.  I was thinking of calling the neighbors and seeing if she could run in their pasture today.  Our plan is to get the fencing up around our pasture within the next two weeks.  Although 4000 feet of fencing is going to wear us out.  I have the count of how many post holes we will be digging and so not looking forward to it.

All the other animals are quite happy about he weather too.  The goat paddock is a bit muddy on one end, but they have a higher spot on the other half of the paddock to compensate.  We have four goats in the paddock and one kid still in the barn, soon it will be just three total.  I am not sure if we will be selling off one of our girls or what.  I do know for sure one of them is our meat goat.  So we just have to decide when to do that.  Not looking forward to it but if we don't do it soon she will start loosing the weight we put on her. 

The chickens have now learned to go outside and have been doing so on a regular basis.  At first only a few would go out but today I put their scratch out in the yard so they would have to go out to eat.  I am still awaiting our first egg, still two more weeks to twenty weeks...but I was hoping someone would lay sooner.  Guess they will do it when they want to.  They are all turning into beautiful birds. 



I hope everyone has a wonderful day as I sit her with my window open, knocking out all the winter stuffiness. 

No comments: